FFA Highlights 2018-2019
- 285 FFA Members
- National 3 Star Gold Chapter
- Noel Plunkett – State FFA Vice President
- Peyton Puckett Place 1st in Area II Floral Design CDE
- Noel Plunkett Places 2nd and Advances to State Employability Skills CDE
- State Winner Floral Design – Peyton Puckett
- 1st Place Area 2 – Livestock Evaluation CDE (Peyton, Savannah, Hannah, Morgan)
- 4th Place – State Livestock Evaluation CDE
- 9 Students Exhibiting, Beef Cattle, Hogs and Goats with very high honors
- Savannah Page serving as Area II Jr. Representative
- Savannah Page, Madyson McDaniel, Peyton Puckett, exhibited livestock and represented our chapter on the National level at the Summer Sweepstakes in Louisville, Kentucky and Kansas City, Missouri.
- 2 graduates accepted to Abraham Baldwin Agriculture College with a major in agriculture education
- 12 delegates attended the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis, IN to receive our 3 Star National Chapter Award. We are one of 23 chapters from Georgia to receive this honor
- Chapter hosted the 1st Annual Teen Leadership Summit on August 10th at the LEF. 30 future CTAE leaders learned valuable leadership skills to help them provide leadership in their organization.
- Cassie Jones, 6th Georgia National Fair Floral Design CDE
- Cassie Jones, 3rd High Individual State Veterinary Science CDE
- Overall Grand Champion Heifer- GNF – Exhibited by Peyton Pucket
- Overall Grand Champion Breed Gilt – GNF – Exhibited by Savannah Page
- 36 members earning Gold, Bronze and Silver Honors
- 15 Greenhand Degree Recipients
- 21 Chapter Degree Recipients
- 3 State FFA Degree Recipients
- American FFA Degree Recipient– Jessica Cassiday
- Over $1000.00 awarded in academic scholarships
Plunkett elected to serve as State FFA Vice-President
Noel Plunkett was elected to serve as State FFA Vice President at the 91st Georgia FFA Convention held in Macon, on April 25th-27th. Delegates from over 300 chapters selected the eight member officer team that would serve them throughout the next year as advocates of agricultural education and the Georgia FFA Association.
As a state officer, Noel is committing to serve the more than 42,000 FFA members in Georgia. She will travel many miles to interact with business and industry leaders, government and education officials, state leaders, the general public, and thousands of students. Her team will lead personal growth and leadership training conferences for FFA members throughout the state and help direct the future of agricultural education and the FFA as they promote agricultural literacy. Noel will serve the Georgia FFA Association in this position for the next year culminating with the Georgia FFA Convention in April 2020. Noel is the daughter of Scott and Lisa Plunkett of Jefferson and will be a senior at JCCHS during the 2019-2020 school year.
The National FFA Organization, formerly known as the Future Farmers of America, changed its name in 1988 to reflect the growth and diversity of agriculture. There are nearly 670,000 FFA members nationwide. The Georgia Association has more than 42,000 members, making it the third largest Association in the nation. The FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth, and career success, through agricultural education.